Título del trabajo: Logistics and General Purchasing Manager
Descripción de funciones: Careers that Change Lives
The Medtronic Mission dictates that our first and foremost priority is to contribute to human welfare. In support of this Mission, the people and products within Medtronic San Isidro, and within the Logistics and General Purchasing team seek to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life. The Logistics and General Purchasing Manager will play a critical role in leading and supporting the execution of the overall San Isidro strategy in a dynamic and fast paced business environment. This Leader reports to the Director/Sr Manager in charge of Plant Logistics for San Isidro; responsible for effectively managing the external Logistics, including imports/exports, trade compliance, outside sterilization and delivery to the DCs, as well as Purchasing for MROs and General services to the Site, enabling the team to continuously seek and implement continuous improvement initiatives. The Logistics and General Purchasing Manager will work with leaders and stakeholders and relevant teams to deliver value to the customer by ensuring the consistent achievement or exceeding of quality, cost and service goals.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Controls the flow of components and finished goods, services, and information between point of origin through receipt at the manufacturing site, through to customer placement in order to meet customer or manufacturing requirements.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of logistics processes, such as the replenishment system, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration, and related functions.
- Implements and a sustains a Continuous Improvement mindset and culture, that accelerates the achievement of efficiencies on the Logistics and Purchasing processes, and achieves operational improvements and cost reductions
- Ensures that customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to meet marketing and financial objectives.
- Builds relationships with manufacturing, suppliers, and customers through the resolution of delivery issues.
- Integrates market intelligence from operating entities, distribution, transportation, suppliers, and customers to continuously improve competitive position.
- Manages the spend budgets to minimize spend while successfully supporting the operations and service to customers
- Manages the MRO portfolio and identifies opportunities for negotiation with suppliers in order to optimize acquisition costs, inventory strategies and service to operations and customers.
- Coordinates the elaboration and review of all contracts for provision of products and services to the operation.
- Manages execution of the purchasing and contracting processes for MROs, General purchases and Logistics services, that optimize spend to Medtronic, while honors commitment to our providers with payments in compliance to our policies
- Full compliance to International Trade rules and regulations
- Lead times for Pre and Post Manufacturing logistics process
- Quality, Service, Cost, Inventory and SOGL metrics in the value stream
- MROs Fill rates in support of Manufacturing and Service needs
- Performance to Budgets on Logistics spend and Purchasing spend
- Identification and Execution of Continuous Improvement program activities – Kaizen, Value Stream, Zero Loss, Cost Savings.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with 2+ years of managerial experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Organization leadership experience. Experience building organizational capability and leading through change
- Proven business acumen with general management perspective
Nice to Have
- Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma Education or Certification
- Medical Devices
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Posting Date: Oct 26, 2023
- Travel: Yes,