Título del trabajo: Resource Mobilization and Strategic Partnerships Technical Adviser, P5, FTA Panama City-LACRO
Compañía: United Nations Population Fund
Descripción de funciones:
- Level: P-5
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Closing date: 17 Nov 2023 11:59 PM (America/New_York)
- Duty station: Panama City, Panama
The Resource Mobilization and Strategic Partnerships Technical Adviser post is located at the UNFPA Latin America and Caribbean Regional Office (LACRO) and works under the overall direction and direct supervision of the Regional Director.
The Adviser will focus on the development and implementation of a regional resource mobilization and partnership strategy and on building the internal capacities while coordinating and supporting the regional and country offices in broad based resource mobilization, partnership building and outreach to diverse public and private institutions, organizations, and individuals with the potential to further UNFPA’s mandate.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Resource Mobilization and Strategic Partnerships Technical Adviser leads the UNFPA resource mobilization efforts from the private and public sector; works closely with the Regional Director and other teams across UNFPA to drive portfolio growth in the Latin America and Caribbean Region and supports broader engagement with business and key influencers.
This role provides strategic and technical leadership for the region, in resource mobilization and strategic partnerships, to ensure the Regional and Country Offices remains abreast of the organization’s policies and partnership strategies, current thinking, and innovation in the substantive area.
The adviser would contribute to facilitating sufficient resources from a broad, diversified and innovative base for the UNFPA regional office and country offices in the Latin America and Caribbean Region as well as wide ranging partnerships at regional and country level to further UNFPA’s mandate and scale up results.
You would be responsible for: * Strategic Technical Leadership, Monitoring and Oversight
- Quality Technical Support and Capacity Development
- Evidence and Knowledge Management
- Technical Representation, Strategic Partnerships and Strategic Positioning
A. Strategic Technical Leadership, Monitoring and Oversight
- Leads the development, implementation and monitoring of the Regional Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Strategy analyzing current trends and propose innovative approaches and strategies for fund raising activities, from various donor segments to increase regular and co-financing contributions of the organization; based on on-going monitoring, analyzing current trends and formulating recommendations for strategy approaches and message development.
- Prepare and update an inventory and accompanying analysis of the various funding and financing modalities and potential donors available for the region for both: developmental and humanitarian context and ensures these are incorporated into country and regional programme planning.
- Explore opportunities for financial and non-financial collaboration with IFIs and other domestic partners for leveraging of resources towards UNFPA’s mandated areas.
- Review of the various country programmes, including on the respective resource mobilization and partnership plans (IRMPPs), in consultation with the DCS colleagues including Resource Mobilization Branch, Strategic Partnerships Branch and respective Representational offices (eg NARO for US and Canada, BRO for European Union, and LRO for Spain, Portugal).
- Oversee full utilization of donor contributions and agreements, review donor-funded programme implementation bottlenecks, challenges and opportunities and suggest solutions to improve results-based implementation and reporting.
- Contribute to UNFPA resource mobilization and partnerships policies, frameworks, guidance and instruments and tools to ensure UNFPA positioning for addressing of the three transformative results.
- Follow-up with country offices on contributions to UNFPA regular resources.
- Oversee timely and high-quality compliance with donor reporting requirements by country offices, including through the Donor Agreement and Report Tracking System (DARTS), CRM and the new ERP.
B. Quality Technical Support and Capacity Development
- In collaboration with DCS units, build capacity on resource mobilization and strategic partnerships, ensuring a consistent standard of excellence across the region, ensuring effective sharing of partnerships and resource mobilization learning, through conferences, workshops, and online channels for the region.
- Provide support to the regional office and country offices in the development of donor proposals and in the preparation of progress reports, ensuring quality assurance against donor requirements. When relevant, conduct donor negotiations for contributions to regular and co-financing contributions demonstrating UNFPA’s comparative advantage and reflecting priorities of donor countries.
- Assist country offices in exploring and developing collaboration with diverse political and social actors – institutions and organizations as well as individuals – that can be mobilized to support UNFPA’s mandate in other ways.
C. Evidence and Knowledge Management
- Maintain and develop appropriate knowledge management and information systems to foster good resource utilization and reporting and contribute to the UNFPA RM community knowledge bank.
- Contributes toward the development of knowledge management tools, systems and products including the facilitations of best practices, case studies, lessons learned, success stories and technical guidance to improve the effectiveness of UNFPA resource mobilization and financing of its programmes.
- Undertake and update mapping and segmentation of current and potential donors and strategic partners, for enhancing resource mobilization, ensuring effective management and protection of such data.
D. Technical Representation, Strategic Partnerships and Strategic Positioning
- Provides leadership and strategic directions on deploying different channels to identify, develop, retain, and enhance positive relationships with key public and private sector donors, partners and emerging markets including development and financial institutions, foundations, the private sector and/or other relevant constituencies and key-decision makers.
- Explore, develop, and engage with potential/emerging donors (both traditional and newly established), bilateral and multilateral organizations/entities to cultivate partnerships for South-South collaborations and to leverage innovating financing, including blended financing and impact bonds, to encourage their commitment with the UNFPA mandate.
- Collaborate with the Regional Office team (including the Communication Adviser) on positioning and advocating for goals and objectives central to UNFPA’s mandate, raising the visibility and promoting results from country programmes and other relevant programming modalities relevant in the region.
- Manage networks and engage at platforms, associations, advocacy events, donor visits and other major events and entities to promote and visualize UNFPA mandate for strategic partnership and fundraising opportunities.
E. Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, International Relations, Fundraising, Marketing, Communications Management or other related technical field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in resource mobilization and partnerships building, including direct responsibility for setting and meeting income targets through state-of-art methods and approaches.
- Familiarity with development, human rights or humanitarian assistance is desirable.
- Solid experience in fund raising and broad-based partnerships with diverse actors, including with the private sector and public-private partnerships.
- Relevant experience with UN, bi-lateral, international donors/agencies and/or International non-governmental organizations is desirable.
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in international fundraising/marketing, partnership is a requirement.
- Field experience is strongly desirable.
- Familiarity with UNFPA programmes and policies, knowledge of international development policies and institutions, international politics is an advantage.
- Experience of working in the Latin America region is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of French and Portuguese is an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
Managerial Competencies (if applicable):
- Engaging internal/external partners and Stakeholders
- Leading, developing, and empowering people/creating a culture of performance.
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.
Ubicación: Ciudad de Panamá
Fecha del trabajo: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 03:26:25 GMT