Título del trabajo: Senior Construction Project Manager – Education
Compañía: Turner & Townsend
Descripción de funciones: Company Description
Founded in 1952 and formerly known as Heery International Inc., the firm operates throughout the United States as part of Turner & Townsend. It specializes in project and program management for public sector organizations, with industry-leading experts in corporate, cultural, healthcare, justice, sports, K-12 education, higher education, aviation and government facilities.
Recognized for service excellence by a broad spectrum of professional organizations and industry publications, the talented multidisciplinary team at Turner & Townsend Heery exceeds client expectations – adding value, best practice and expertise at every turn. The team’s unique client-centric culture is integrated into each project and reflects a passion for the built environment and staying true to the client’s vision.
Turner & Townsend Heery are seeking a Senior Construction Project Manager for projects with Puerto Rico Department of Education.
The Senior Construction Project Manager will monitor construction projects for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery.
- Conduct periodic site visits to monitor the progress of construction.
- Review status of work completed during the period covered.
- Review that work is generally proceeding in a good and workmanlike manner and in general accordance with the approved drawings and specifications.
- Review contractors’ direct cost payment requisitions and budget status.
- Review of subcontracts, bonds/subcontractor default insurance.
- Review of change orders.
- Review of Developer’s monthly job cost reports and opine on adequacy of contingency.
- Review of construction and disbursement schedules.
- Review of lien waiver and other documentation submitted by the Developer.
- Prepare project status reports and recommend the release of construction funds.
- Review contract drawings and specifications and opine for completeness and general compliance with commonly accepted architectural /engineering best practices.
- Analyze the Developer’s direct and indirect cost budget including cost estimate back-up.
- Coordinate with the Cost Advisory group performing parameter estimates and spot quantity take-offs.
- Review of supporting documentation submitted by the Developer, contractor and subcontractors.
- Review and make relevant comments concerning the terms of the construction agreement, the submitted subcontracts, architectural and engineering design agreements.
- Building loan agreements as well as review both Contractor and Architect’s qualification statements.
- Review and comment on construction and disbursement schedules as well as other submitted document including but not limited to:
- Zoning approvals
- Certified surveys
- Building permits and approvals
- Utility company approval letters
- Soil and foundation engineering reports
- Designer’s certification of code and ADA compliance
- Prepare Construction Risk Assessment Reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May lead project teams and/or plan and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
- Public sector construction experience is required.
- Experience managing municipal projects preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings.
- Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
- Knowledge of the entitlement/permitting process and construction delivery methods and agreements.
- Familiarity with construction best practices, general building codes, and various building types and systems.
- Passion for being detail oriented and highly organized.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Minimum 10+ years’ construction administration, architecture, engineering or similar experience.
- Licensure as either a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect is desired.
*On-site presence and requirements may change depending on our client’s needs*
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.
Ubicación: San Juan, San Juan – San Juan, PR
Fecha del trabajo: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 23:35:50 GMT